Trip Expenses, Logistics & Registration
- Group Rate AMSA FAU Member (ends Feb. 1, 2019): $169
- Regular (ends Feb. 27, 2019) AMSA Member: $249
Hotel Stay Registration
We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport. Convention will also be held in the same hotel. For more information regarding the hotel, please click here. Check-in is on Thursday, March 7th, and check out is on Sunday, March 10, at 12:00 PM. Due to group rates, we will have you CashApp $FAUAMSA the $148.00 fee pertaining to the hotel. In the memo, please include your name and “AMSA National Convention Hotel” so we know what the money is going towards. Please do not purchase a hotel room on your own.Once this is completed, please send a screenshot of your transfer to email@example.com. If you require special accommodations, please notify me immediately.
Our hotel is across from the Reagan National Airport (DCA). Feel free to book your flights to DCA Thursday morning with a returning flight to the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) Sunday evening. The main events for National Convention do not start until 6:00 pm on Thursday evening and events conclude Saturday evening around 6:30 pm. With that being said, AMSA at FAU will not be purchasing group flights, so everyone will be responsible for booking their own flights. Please keep in mind that, the longer you wait to purchase your flight the more expensive your tickets will be. Once you have purchased your ticket, please send me your flight confirmation by Friday, February 8th, at 11:59 PM.
- Wednesday, January 30, at 5:30 PM (BU 120): Mandatory National Convention Informational Session – Will be giving out required paperwork
- Friday, February 1st, at 11:59 PM: Deadline to CashApp @FAUAMSA registration fee for National Convention ($169.00)
- Friday, February 8th, at 11:59 PM: Deadline to CashApp @FAUAMSA your hotel fee ($148.00)
- Friday, February 8th, at 11:59 PM: Deadline to send us your flight confirmation
- Monday, February 11th, at 5:30 PM (TBA): Final Mandatory National Convention Informational Session – Deadline for paperwork
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to receive more information about National Convention!
- Be a holder of a valid National AMSA Membership
- For complete projects, you must be able to include data and results, and conclusions. Because negative findings are under-reported in research, we encourage you to submit abstracts for projects which have yielded negative findings.
- For projects that are in process (not complete), you must be able to present a coherent and compelling vision, strategic priorities, and intended outcomes. Please note that “coherent and compelling” does not necessarily mean “fully fleshed out.” We invite you to submit abstracts for projects which might become more fully formed through the feedback from professional colleagues and peers.
- If your project is accepted for exhibition, in order to be displayed during the poster session at convention, at least one of your poster’s authors must register for convention.
Abstracts should be no longer than 350 – 400 words and follow a standard format:
Ethical considerations for subjects should be mentioned, if applicable. No charts, graphs, special characters or formatting will be possible using the online abstract submission form. If an image or sound file is essential to a Creative Arts Project abstract, attach it directly to the abstract submission form.
Student abstracts can be submitted by completing an online application form, by the deadline. Note: Please only submit your abstract through the AMSA@FAU online application form. Please do not send your abstract directly to National AMSA. Here are some important dates and deadlines for abstract and poster submissions:
- Wednesday, January 9, at 5:30pm (TBA): Abstract Informational Session
- Friday, January 18, at 11:59pm: Abstract Submission Deadline
- Early February: Notification of Acceptance
- Wednesday, February 27, at 11:59pm: Deadline for poster file submission
Click here to receive more information and updates about the 24th Annual Poster Session!