Mental Health in Medicine and Research!
To revolutionize the stigmas of mental health illnesses and to educate future physicians and researchers enough to be fearless in their pursuit of overall patient wellness.
- Prepare students to interact with patients affected by a variety of mental health issues
- Eliminate the stigma on medicine and mental health
-Break the common misleading myths that cause the public not to seek help
- Participate in campus events associated with mental health
”Never give up on someone with a mental illness. When I- is replaced with We-, Illness becomes Wellness.”– Shannon L. Alder
Meet the leaders!
Mary Gorora: email@example.com Taliyah Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2017 Monthly Topics:
– September: LGBTQ – Out of the DSM
– October: ADHD and Schizophrenia
– November: Service Dogs: A Furry Guide to Wellness
Spring 2018 Monthly Topics:
– January: Teenage Pregnancy and Postpartum Depression
– February: Mental Health in Minorities
– March: Suicide & Depression Candlelight Vigil
– March: Lifesaver Training for Suicidal People (Taught by FAU’s Counseling and Psychological Services)
– March: 3rd Annual Out of the Darkness Walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Awareness
– April: The National Alliance for Mental Illness
Link to join our interest group e-mail list: https://goo.gl/forms/dUvp6jQGFDFW05c22
Please click here for our meeting powerpoints and sources